Sunday, July 12, 2015

How to Menu Plan

Menu planning does not need to be difficult.  I do very little meal prep for the week.  I don't make up an entire week's food in one afternoon and eat leftovers all week. 
When I meal plan, I follow these simple steps.

 1.  Get out your planner. Look at what you have going on that week.  No sense in making a meal that takes an hour to make when you have soccer practice until 8pm.  And who really wants to make two different suppers?
 2.  Plan supper first.

 3.  Put your shake in the mix for a snack or breakfast.

 4.  Plan for leftovers for lunch the next day.  I typically have leftovers 3-4 times a week.  Plan the rest of your lunches accordingly.

 5.  Plan your snacks by filling in your container gaps.
6.  Make your grocery list.
7.  Go shopping.
8. Enjoy a hassle free week of menu planning!  You've already done it!  Way to go!  :)


~ Coach Ashley Fischer

No comments:

Post a Comment